Dear Diana, We cannot express how wonderful the hypnobirthing class and the entire experience was. We listened to the CD nightly and always went back to what we learned in your class. Your gentle ways and words of encouragement were so helpful! Our baby’s birth was such an amazing and beautiful time. I am so grateful we met you and learned so much from you. Thank you! – J.S.-
You Will Learn:
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause longlabor and pain, replacing them with confidence, calm, and comfort.
- Other techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labor.
- To create and control the body’s own natural anesthesia.
- The sources of the myths that pain must accompany normal birthing.
- Why women in other cultures have birthings almost entirely free of discomfort.
- How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony with nature throughout labor.
- To practice deep relaxation during and between uterine surges.
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding.
The HypnoBirthing Advantage:
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing.
- Eliminates or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers.
- Shortens the first stage of labor by several hours.
- Eliminates fatigue during labor, leaving mother fresh, awake, and with energy for actual birthing.
- Eliminates risk or hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods.
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby, and birthing companion.
- Fosters more rapid postnatal recovery.Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience nature intended.
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion.
- Classes or private sessions are available for individuals and couples.
- Insurance can often be billed for these sessions.
- Instructor: Diana Soto.
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a naturally induced state of relaxed concentration—a state of mind and body in which we communicate suggestions to our subconscious mind. This part of our mind influences what we think, how we feel, and the choices we make. It can actually control pain. There is no magic to achieving success with self-hypnosis. Almost anyone who chooses to can reach deep relaxation and redirected focus.
When having your baby with HypnoBirthing, what you will experience is similar to the daydreaming or focusing that occurs when you are engrossed in a book or staring at a fire. You will be conversant and in good spirits—totally relaxed, but fully in control. You will be aware of your body’s contractions, but will be able to determine the extent to which you feel the surge. You will experience your birthing in an atmosphere of calm and relaxation, without the fear and tension that cause pain. Your body’s natural anesthesia (endorphins) will replace the stress hormones that cause pain. When it is time for you baby to be born, you will be fully awake and involved.
What Parents are Saying:
We worked with Diana Soto, a counselor in the office who really helped me with relaxation and visualization techniques that were pivotal to our success. We took hypnobirthing classes with Diana that were incredibly useful during my labor. I credit the hypnobirthing classes with helping me labor my baby down before I needed to do any pushing and with helping me to relax when I started trembling uncontrollably during labor. In fact, the baby was so low when I started to push that he was out in less than 20 minutes.
I now have a beautiful and healthy 1 month old son and I truly don’t think he would be here without their help!
Diana and Stephanie, It is incredible and thank you for all of your support throughout my pregnancy. I can’t wait for everyone to meet the boys. I will definitely bring them in once we are settled at home. Thank you!—
I miss coming to see you! After two miscarriages I started seeing Amber and now I have a beautiful and healthy baby girl! I also took Diana’s Hypnobirthing class and had a beautiful water birth that couldn’t have been better! I cannot say enough wonderful things about you all and give you enough thanks!
“How could I believe when I had gone through not one, but two long and excruciating labors? I was petrified. Then I found HypnoBirthing. This birth took 4 ½ hours. I was relaxed and comfortable all the way. It was wonderful!”
“I was with my wife for the birth of our first child. It was a bad experience for us. Most of the techniques we practiced from the other course just weren’t there for us. HypnoBirthing was far more than we had even hoped for. Our daughter came into the world so easily and in such a calm atmosphere.”
“I kept telling myself all I would feel is pressure—and it works! That’s all I did feel. What a difference from my first labor!”
“I read of the advantages of self-hypnosis and relaxation in a magazine and set out to find a program that could teach me the method. I’m so happy I found HypnoBirthing! This was our first baby, and my active labor was only three hours from start to end. We were thrilled.”